This year’s Discover the Coast is postponed due to COVID-19 and shelter in place orders. Stay tuned for future details. J
2019 SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm: Shuttle Service. Stops at City Hall Trailhead; College Field Station Trailhead; Bend-in-the-Road Trailhead on Lighthouse Road; Point Arena Lighthouse.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Discovery Trail. Visit docent stations and take guided nature and geology walks.
- 10:00 am – 3:30 pm: Mendocino College Field Station. Stop by the Open House to talk to faculty about current research and programs. A selection of food will be offered from Baby Tomato.
- 10:00 am – 3:30 pm: Point Arena Lighthouse. Free admission to grounds and museum; $5 tower tours.
- 4:00 pm: B Bryan Preserve Zookeeper Lecture. Stop by the Point Arena Lighthouse for this lecture. $7.50 – includes one raffle ticket. B Bryan Preserve will be offering a raffle prize of a two person B Bryan Preserve tour and goodie bag ($150 value) to benefit the Lighthouse.
The Point Arena Lighthouse is participating in the day’s celebrations with free admission to the grounds and museum plus $5 tower tours. The Point Arena Merchants Association is also co-hosting this year’s event and offering complementary activities in town.
Discover the Coast 2019 Brochure & Map