Join us on Saturday, October 19, 2019 as we celebrate the lands with our annual Discover the Coast! A 3.5 mile Discovery Trail will be staffed with docent stations, guided walks, plant identification stakes, and the Mendocino College Coastal Field Station Open House.
The Point Arena Lighthouse is participating in the day’s celebrations with free admission to the grounds and museum plus $5 tower tours. The Point Arena Merchants Association is also co-hosting this year’s event and offering complementary activities in town.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- 9:30 am – 4:00 pm: Shuttle Service. Stops at City Hall Trailhead; College Field Station Trailhead; Bend-in-the-Road Trailhead on Lighthouse Road; Point Arena Lighthouse.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Discovery Trail. Visit docent stations and take guided nature and geology walks.
- 10:00 am – 3:30 pm: Mendocino College Field Station. Stop by the Open House to talk to faculty about current research and programs. A selection of food will be offered from Baby Tomato.
- 10:00 am – 3:30 pm: Point Arena Lighthouse. Free admission to grounds and museum; $5 tower tours.
- 4:00 pm: B Bryan Preserve Zookeeper Lecture. Stop by the Point Arena Lighthouse for this lecture. $7.50 – includes one raffle ticket. B Bryan Preserve will be offering a raffle prize of a two person B Bryan Preserve tour and goodie bag ($150 value) to benefit the Lighthouse.